Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My PLN, My People, my Passion


When I am asked to write about my Personal Learning Network, I immediately think of my people, my web, my connections to the world.  I know Facebook can sometimes get a bad reputation because of how much is available and out there for the world, but for me it is one of the best networks ever!  I am able to stay connected to my extremely large family, and my friends and family around the world.  I know that without Facebook, I would not know most of what is going on in my "people's" lives.  Even if my brother is only in Fresno, or my friend lives in Santa Barbara, I may not talk to or see them all the time.  Facebook allows this information to carry through and keep each other informed.  This is especially nice for me because since I lived abroad, I have not been back to see those important people, so it's crucial to have this connection with them.  They became my family, so Facebook keeps our lives current and informed.  The only flip side I have to Facebook is when people put too much information out there whether it's their problems, frustrations, confessions, or just simply drama.  No need for dirty laundry.  Which is why I keep my posts and pay attention to other postings that are fun, exciting, up to date and important!

Another big PLN for me is Pinterest.  What was life like before Pinterest!?! It is such an organized, detailed, endless source of resources and ideas.  I LOVE the whole idea of organizing and having a place for your ideas, what is important to you, or tools that you can use...especially for the classroom!

Clearly, I LOVE communicating through technology with "my people," and having an excellent tool for organizing countless ideas and strategies!





2 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like your Personal Learning Network is solid. How about your Professional Learning Network? Who do you follow on Pinterest for classroom ideas? What kind of information do you get there? Are you following any teachers or teacher organizations on Facebook? What about Twitter? I'd love to hear more about your professional engagement using these tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Pinterest, I follow many classroom ideas including setup, lesson plan ideas, themes, games, etc. Pinterest is an absolute favorite and a dream way for organizing countless ideas and tools. I don't really follow any teachers or organizations on Facebook. On Twitter, I follow EdTalk.

    ReplyDelete