Personal Learning Networks
A network of individuals, organizations, resources that can help you learn, access resources, find experts, achieve mastery, inspire and provide support.
Regarding Personal Learning Networks, sports can be branched off into countless ways. Not only did those sports and networks teach me about hard work, but I looked to the experts! Those professionals playing those sports, winning those superbowls, those world series, etc. Even though, in my eyes they were champions, I also knew very well that it took a lot of hard work for those athletes to get to where they are which gave me reason to believe in myself to continue practicing. I knew I'd probably never be an expert in any sport, but having that faith in yourself hoping to do what you are capable of and enjoy is confidence and having the dream! With all of those experts though, my true heroes were my parents. My dad was always my basketball coach, my mom my troop leader. They weren't professionals, but I was always hungry to learn from them which I'm still doing at 31!
In education and for young children, I think sports are so beneficial for community, confidence and health. No matter what and how your ability is, that feeling of being part of a team is priceless. These were some really cool videos that I fell in love with this morning on the Today Show! Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment