Tuesday, October 21, 2014
What's your passion?
This video was posted on Facebook and I just think she and her story is beautiful! It really proves that anyone, at any level, with any disability can find and have quality and purpose. Mikayla's parents said that even though she has trouble articulating what she means sometimes, she can express herself through her dance. I LOVED what her teacher says when asked what Mikayla has taught her. She replies saying that she is a positive and constant reminder of what dance, art and live is all about! The beauty and forms of expression are absolutely powerful and beautiful. Quick video about her condition, her excelling success in ballet and all of their outlook on life and living completely.
Awesome. What's your passion? Enjoy.
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/26807899/down-syndrome-dancer-reminds-instructor-what-dance-is-all-about
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing this, Jani. What can you tell me about your interests in teaching to diverse students? Can you speak about opportunities you've noticed or can envision for helping students excel where their passions are?
ReplyDeleteDiversity is everywhere. Each student and individual is their own person and I think it is fascinating teaching to diverse students. It would be amazing to help someone find their passion, whether it be academics, athletics, sports or music, what a powerful gift. I'm interested and passionate about teaching and having an affect on the next generations and helping them find their confidence to find their purpose and passion.
ReplyDelete